Looking to combine the wide coverage of FM with the convenience of bring-your-own device? The FM+ T55 assistive listening system transmitter from Williams Sound is your best (and only) choice! This transmitter is the first on the market to combine FM and Wi-Fi so your listeners can tune in either on either your facility’s FM receivers OR their personal smartphones.
The Wi-Fi broadcast uses Williams Sound’s WaveCAST system, meaning that listeners simply download a free app at the Android or Apple app stores. This allows them to receive crystal clear digital audio with the comfort and discretion of using their own phone and headphones. The WaveCAST app allows the user to choose which channel to listen on and adjust the volume as desired. The transmitter uses digital signal processing (DSP) technology to deliver crystal clear audio to both FM and smartphone listeners.
The FM+ assistive listening system is designed with the flexibility and comfort of listeners in mind. Those who want to use their personal phones for a discreet listening assist can do so. It’s easy to provide traditional FM receivers to audience members who do not have phones or choose not to use the app for whatever reason. Simply issue them an FM receiver and earphone combo as usual and they will be able to pick up the FM feed on one of several channels operating on the 72-76 MHz spectrum. This system is fully compatible with all past (and future) Williams Sound FM receivers.
Key Features and Specifications
- No need to choose between FM and Wi-Fi assistive listening: this offers both in one!
- Two year parts and labor warranty from Williams Sound
- The FM+ Transmitter can change most settings directly from the interface on the front panel
- Transmitter fits in a standard 19” rack space: it is one EIA rack space high and half a space wide Exact Dimensions: 8.45 inches Width x 8.25 inches Deep x 1.72= inches High
- Operates on 17 selectable wideband channels in the 72-76 MHz spectrum
- Transmission range of up to 1,000 feet (using ANT 005 mounded antenna)
- Audio Inputs: (1) 3-pin XLR, (1) 1/4 inch TRS balanced or unbalanced input
- Phantom Power 14.4 VDC applied through 2.2 kOhms resistors
- Ethernet Input: RJ-45 jack on rear of unit supports CAT 5e cable lengths up to 328 feet”
- Onboard digital signal processing for crystal clear audio fidelity. Specs:
- 1:1, 1.5:1 or 2:1 compression ratio
- Low- and high-pass filter frequency controls
- Frequency Response of 31 – 16000 Hz, ±3 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio greater than or equal to 74 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion of less than 0.25% @ 1 kHz
- Array of green, amber, and red LED lights on unit face indicate
- Requires iOS 9.1 or newer and Android 6.0 or newer (Blackberry and Windows phone operating systems not supported)
- Approved by FCC, RoHS3, WEEE, Industry Canada, CE, PSE, RCM, and CB
For more information regarding ADA requirements for your application please visit our page: https://assistivelisteninghq.com/ada-requirements-guide/